Hoosiers honored for outstanding contributions to the legal profession
Wednesday, July 24, 2019
Posted by: Joe Skeel
ISBA is proud to recognize the following individuals for making outstanding contributions to the Indiana legal profession. The winners were chosen by their peers through a nominations process open to all ISBA members. The winners, who will be honored during a reception on Aug. 29
Civility Awards (presented by the Litigation Section)
- Jaime Oss, Managing Partner, Huelat & Mack P.C.
- Hon. Jeffrey Clymer, Porter County Superior Court
Community Service Award (presented by the Service Committee)
- Pablo Svirsky, Associate, Faegre Baker Daniels
Gale M. Phelps Award (presented by the Family & Juvenile Law Section)
- Magistrate Deborah Domine, Juvenile Magistrate, Elkhart County Circuit Court
Harrison Legal Writing Award (presented by the Written Publications Committee)
- "When a Bookshelf is More Than a Bookshelf: Sentimental Damages in Indiana" by Colin E. Flora
Henry Hurst Judicial Assistance Award (presented by the Federal Judiciary Committee)
- Amy Holtz, Courtroom Deputy, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
Hon. Viola Taliaferro Award (presented by the Children's Rights Committee)
- Emily Angel, Supervising Attorney, Kids' Voices of Indiana
Liberty Bell Award (presented by the Young Lawyers Section)
- Doria Lynch, Court Historian and Special Projects Manager, U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana
Outstanding Judge Award (presented by the Young Lawyers Section)
- Hon. Robert Altice, Indiana Court of Appeals
Outstanding Young Lawyer Award (presented by the Young Lawyers Section)
- Adam Ira, Attorney, Kightlinger & Gray, LLP
Rabb Emison Award (presented by the Diversity Committee)
- Alan Mills, Partner, Barnes & Thornburg, LLP
Trailblazer/Abriendo Caminos Award (presented by the Latino Affairs Committee)
- Roxanne Mendez Johnson, Assistant Federal Defender, Federal Community Defenders, Inc.
Women in the Law Recognition Award (presented by the Women in the Law Committee)
- Shelice Tolbert, Partner, Tolbert & Tolbert, LLC
In addition to the individuals above, ISBA will recognize 56 Hoosier attorneys who have practiced for 50 years.
To learn more about all the winners, and for more information on how to join us for the celebration, click here.