Employment opportunity: Communication Coordinator
Tuesday, September 24, 2019
Posted by: Kelsey Kotnik
Title: Communication Coordinator
Reports to: Communication Manager
Works closely with: Director of Membership, Director of CLE, Director of Events, Legislative Counsel, Graphic Designer and Section and Committee Liaisons.
General Summary: The communication coordinator is a key team player in helping the Indiana State Bar Association execute initiatives to improve the administration of justice in Indiana. The incumbent of this entry level position is a strong writer and project manager, able to adapt voice and style depending on the audience.
The communication coordinator spends most of his or her time managing Res Gestae magazine from the editorial process through copyediting and production. Additionally, this team member is responsible for strategy and execution of social media and staying on top of other digital marketing opportunities.
He or she also helps execute communication campaigns through tactics that may include social media, email marketing, website, and graphic design.
Excellent candidates for this position are those who have a proven adaptable writing style, a critical eye for detail and are passionate about executing a variety of communication tactics. They are a motivated team player who works well with all types of people.
- Res Gestae magazine: Manage member magazine. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work with volunteer committee to develop content
- Hire/oversee freelance and volunteer writers
- Copyedit content
- Source imagery
- Work with graphic design team
- Ensure deadlines are met
- Publish and share magazine content on digital platforms
- Social media: Manage Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Instagram. Maintain an editorial calendar; write and curate content; develop graphics; interact with audiences; execute strategies to expand reach.
- Communication campaigns: Work with staff and communication team to execute campaigns promoting events, programs, and ISBA initiatives. This includes developing social media posts and graphics; creating and sending email blasts to targeted audiences; uploading events to the website; designing (using Canva) affiliate graphics for use throughout the campaign; uploading related content to event mobile apps.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 1 – 3 years related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communication, public relations, or related field Must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Have an eye for graphic design; experience with Canva or Adobe Creative Suite preferred
- Critical attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and successfully motivate a wide variety of individuals
- Strong, demonstrated understanding of social media and emerging technology
- Ability to manage multiple projects and follow each carefully from inception to completion Photography skills are a plus
- Experience with a membership database is a plus
- Knowledge of the legal profession is a plus
- Persistent self-motivator who can work with minimal oversight and achieve team goals
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong computer skills, with the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and databases
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Reliable transportation is required
- Some evening and weekend work
- Travel required
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, and three work samples to Kelsey Kotnik, Communication Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to apply is Oct. 25.