Employment Opportunity: ISBA Program Coordinator
Friday, September 7, 2018
Joe Skeel, Executive Director
Title: Program Coordinator
Organization: Indiana State Bar Association
Position: Full time
The Indiana State Bar Association seeks an energetic, team-oriented person to serve as our Program Coordinator. This is a great opportunity for those seeking to gain experience in all aspects of event and meeting management, specifically as it relates to non-profit organizations. This position is designed for an individual with less than 5 years experience.
ISBA, the state’s largest legal organization, works to improve the administration of justice while helping the public gain a better understanding of the legal system. We do this by serving and advocating on behalf of our members, their clients and the public interest. The Program Coordinator will help in this mission by planning and executing numerous ISBA meetings and events, specifically those related to our Leadership Develop Academy and Continuing Legal Education programs.
- Work with various volunteers and staff members, specifically the Director of Meetings & Events and Director of CLE, to plan and execute events and meetings. Opportunities and responsibilities include:
- Volunteer management
- Speaker management
- Attendee management
- AV and internet management
- Registration, including website components
- Menu selection
- On-site management
- Post-event surveys
- Assisting with site selection
- Assisting with contract negotiation
- Assisting with content development
- Other duties related to program execution
- Oversee certification for various sections:
- Manage list of those needing to be initially certified or recertified
- Communicate with appropriate section leaders to update application materials
- Manage website as it relates to certification materials
- Monitor process to ensure each individual completes the process
- Strong organizational skills are a must.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally
- Persistent self-motivator who can work with minimal oversight and achieve team goals.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and follow each carefully from inception to completion.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong, demonstrated understanding of social media and emerging technology.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and successfully motivate a wide variety of individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong technology skills, with the ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and databases.
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Reliable transportation is required.
- Some evening and weekend work.
- Travel required.
To apply, e-mail résumé and cover letter to Executive Director Joe Skeel at firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Joe with questions at (317) 639-5465.
The Indiana State Bar Association is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and provides equal opportunities for employment and advancement for all individuals, regardless of age, gender, race, religion, color, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Furthermore, we actively work to ensure our staff is diverse in thought, background and life experience. Therefore, diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.