- Sections & Committees
- For Public
A legal administrator is defined as a person who devotes at least 75% of his or her work time performing the management responsibilities of a private law firm, legal service clinic, corporate legal department, college or university legal department, governmental legal agency, court system, charitable legal agency, or some other organization which is primarily engaged in the practice of law; manages others or manages an important function which renders high-level technical or other specialized services to the organization; occupies a position which involves the exercise of independent judgment without close daily supervision; and is employed in a position which is eligible to be classified as exempt.
1. Meet the definition of a legal administrator; and
2. Be at least twenty-two (22) years of age; and
3. Be of a good moral character; and
a. Not have been suspended or disbarred from the practice of law in any state; and
b. Not have been convicted of an unauthorized practice of law in any state; and
c. Not be currently under suspension, termination or revocation of a certification, registration or license to practice by a professional organization, court, disciplinary board, or agency in any jurisdiction; and
4. Membership must be sponsored by an attorney in the same law firm, governmental department, law school, corporate legal department, court system, charitable legal agency or some other organization which is primarily engaged in the practice of law who is an Indiana State Bar Association member.
5. Inactive Status. Legal administrators who do not meet the definition of legal administrator because of a temporary interruption in employment as a legal administrator may maintain "inactive" status. Legal administrators in inactive status may participate in all Indiana State Bar Association activities as active legal administrator affiliate members. Legal administrators may not continue in inactive status for longer than three consecutive years.
Annual dues are indicated within the category selection. Prorated dues will be charged at the time of checkout based on join date.