ISBA Event Code of Conduct
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure a welcoming and positive experience for all attendees, we have established the following guidelines for participation in Indiana State Bar Association events (both live and virtual).
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important expectations so that we may foster an environment that encourages both civil and positive interaction.
The ISBA expects all participants, presenters, sponsors, exhibitors, and staff to:
- Be considerate and respectful of fellow attendees, presenters, sponsors, exhibitors, and staff (including ISBA and the event venue staff).
- Refrain from offensive, harassing, or illegal behavior, materials, and speech.
- At events where alcohol is served or consumed, attendees are expected to moderate their alcohol intake to ensure they only consume a safe and appropriate amount.
- Speak up if they observe anything that violates this Code of Conduct. If you are being harassed or feel uncomfortable, witness anyone else being harassed, or observe another attendee violating this Code of Conduct, please contact a member of the ISBA staff immediately. If the action you observe constitutes an emergency, contact the local authorities first.
- Unacceptable behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- Defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, discriminatory, insulting, or illegal speech, materials, or conduct by any participant of the event and related event activities. Many event spaces are shared with members of the public; please be considerate to all patrons of these venues.
- Violent activity, language, or threats directed against others.
- Unwanted touching or sexual advances.
- Language, activity, or materials containing or promoting a political stance, a personal grudge against an individual or agency, or slanderous information.
- Inappropriate photography or recording. This includes the use of materials on social media without prior consent of the individuals depicted, or the creators of the content.
- Failure to obey any rules or policies of the event venue or cyberspace.
CONSEQUENCES OF UNACCEPTABLE BEHAVIOR
Anyone asked to stop unacceptable behavior is expected to comply immediately. The ISBA may take any action it deems appropriate and reserves the right to terminate event attendance immediately and without refund for anyone creating a hostile or unsafe environment. Individuals may be prevented from registering for future ISBA programs and events.