887,000 Hoosiers don’t know where their next meal is coming from.
And this number of Hoosiers is only increasing in response to the spread of the Coronavirus.
You can help.
The Indiana State Bar Association, Feeding Indiana’s Hungry, the state association of food banks, and the Indiana Attorney General’s office have joined forces for the 12th annual March Against Hunger. March Against Hunger brings together Indiana attorneys and Indiana food banks to make a difference.
Every dollar donated will supply multiple meals and provide hunger relief. 100% of the money raised through March Against Hunger is given directly to your regional food bank.
Feeding Indiana’s Hungry includes 11 member food banks, all affiliated with Feeding America, that collectively serve all 92 Indiana counties. Member food banks partner with more than 1,750 local nonprofits like food pantries, soup kitchens, after school programs, and many others to distribute more than 95 million pounds of food a year to Hoosiers at risk of hunger.
How does March Against Hunger work?
- Solo Proprietor (1 lawyer)
- Small Firm (2-11 lawyers)
- Medium Firm (12-21 lawyers)
- Large Firm (22-49 lawyers)
- X-Large Firm (50+ lawyers)
- Public/Non-Profit/Local Bar/Law School
Between now and the end of March, fundraise to collect as much money and non-perishable food items as you can.
Monetary donations are encouraged, as every $1 donated can provide up to nine-times the amount in groceries due to the stewardship of resources, food reclamation from area groceries and purchasing power of Indiana’s food banks. However, non-perishable grocery items also may be collected and counted towards your firm's or individual competition total. Each pound of donated non-perishable food item counts as $1.68 towards your total.
Each contributor’s fundraised amounts will be calculated at the end of March, and the winners will be announced and presented with one of the coveted March Against Hunger trophies.
70,982 pounds of food + $428,338.21 in monetary donations has been collected through March Against Hunger since 2009!
How to donate
- Donate food. Drop off all food donations to your local food bank and email a receipt with the total weight of donation to Shanae Gay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donate money. Click here to submit monetary donations.
Participants can donate any time before the competition begins or during the month of March. We encourage firms to submit all donations as one donation to ensure all dollars are applied to a firm's total.
Feeding Indiana's Hungry network of Feeding America affiliated food banks dedicated to serving food insecure neighbors.
These 11 member food banks serve more than 1,750 local nonprofits, soup kitchens, backpack programs, food pantries, afterschool programs, and mobile pantries.
- Food Bank of Northwest Indiana, Inc. – Merrillville
- Community Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Indiana – Fort Wayne
- Food Finders Food Bank – Lafayette
- Hoosier Hills Food Bank – Bloomington
- Second Harvest Food Bank of East Central Indiana – Muncie
- Food Bank of Northern Indiana – South Bend
- Terre Haute Catholic Charities Foodbank – Terre Haute
- Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana – Indianapolis
- Tri-State Food Bank – Evansville
- Dare to Care Food Bank (Clark, Crawford, Floyd, Harrison & Washington counties) – Louisville, Ky.
- Freestore Foodbank (Dearborn, Ohio & Switzerland counties) – Cincinnati, Ohio