Indiana State Bar Association partners to sponsor 11th annual March Against Hunger competition
The Indiana State Bar Association is teaming up with the Office of the Indiana Attorney General and Feeding Indiana's Hungry for the 11th consecutive year to sponsor March Against Hunger, a fund drive for lawyers to raise money for Indiana’s 11 regional food banks in the month of March.
Since 2009, March Against Hunger has generated 70,019 pounds of food and $407,873.68 in monetary donations.
The fund drive is a competition for Indiana's legal community, and winners will be crowned in a variety of different categories.
We encourage individuals and firms to donate money, as every $1 donated can provide up to nine-times the amount in groceries due to the stewardship of resources, food reclamation from area groceries and purchasing power of Feeding Indiana's Hungry, as a larger non-profit. However, if firms or individuals want to collect non-perishable grocery items, they also can count toward the food drive. Click here for an explanation on how donated food items will count toward the fund drive.
The winner in each of the following categories will be presented with the coveted March Against Hunger trophy:
- Solo Proprietor (1 lawyer)
- Small Firm (2-11 lawyers)
- Medium Firm (12-21 lawyers)
- Large Firm (22-49 lawyers)
- X-Large Firm (50+ lawyers)
- Public/Non-Profit/Local Bar/Law School
All firms and individuals must register (see top of page) for donations to count toward competition. We encourage firms to submit all donations as one donation to ensure all dollars are applied to a firm's total. Please note firm name in "Donor Comments."
Firms can donate anytime before the competition begins or during the month of March!
Indiana food banks served:
- Food Bank of Northwest Indiana, Inc. – Merrillville
- Community Harvest Food Bank of Northeast Indiana – Fort Wayne
- Food Finders Food Bank – Lafayette
- Hoosier Hills Food Bank – Bloomington
- Second Harvest Food Bank of East Central Indiana – Muncie
- Food Bank of Northern Indiana – South Bend
- Terre Haute Catholic Charities Foodbank – Terre Haute
- Gleaners Food Bank of Indiana – Indianapolis
- Tri-State Food Bank – Evansville
- Dare to Care Food Bank (Clark, Crawford, Floyd, Harrison & Washington counties) – Louisville, Ky.
- Freestore Foodbank (Dearborn, Ohio & Switzerland counties) – Cincinnati, Ohio