Sen. Young seeks applicants for fed appts; due 3/13
Tuesday, February 14, 2017
Posted by: Susan Ferrer
Sen. Todd Young is looking for qualified individuals to fill several vacant federal offices, including judicial vacancies and U.S. attorney and U.S. marshal positions. Individuals can access the applicant questionnaires by visiting young.senate.gov/content/nominations.
According to the Constitution, the president nominates these officers of the United States with the advice and consent of the Senate. Traditionally, senators from the state make recommendations to the White House.
“Indiana currently has multiple vacancies that are creating a strain on our justice system,” Sen. Todd Young said. “It’s my mission to recommend qualified, trustworthy Hoosiers to the president to fill these roles as soon as possible.”
Sen. Young is seeking applicants for the following positions:
• Judge, 7th Circuit Court of Appeals
• U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana (based in Fort Wayne)
• U.S. District Court, Northern District of Indiana (based in South Bend)
• U.S. District Court, Southern District of Indiana (based in Indianapolis)
• U.S. Attorney, Northern District
• U.S. Attorney, Southern District
• U.S. Marshal, Northern District
• U.S. Marshal, Southern District
Applications for these positions are due by March 13.